The time has come that I have been dreading. In some respects the awful weather we had during August worked to my benefit. It allowed me some time away from diy and gave me time to sew. Roman blinds are the thing of the moment here, I still haven't found the answer to my rod pocket calculations but never mind I am doing it how I think.
The last couple of days the weather has been beautiful so this job could be put off no longer, I am working against the clock now to get this done before the temperature drops too much.
Nancy, you are only allowed to read on as long as you promise not to worry, you don't tell my mum what I am up to( or she will worry) and don't think your son is mistreating me by letting me do this.
This is when I realised that at 43 I am not so flexible as I used to be. When I went out through Lucy's window, which is smaller, it would have been helpful if I had the ability to dislocate a joint or two to make myself narrower. It is actually easier to get onto from the window than climb up from the ground.
Once I was out there it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was provided with regular cups of tea and biscuits. It was quite strange looking in from outside on Lucy and Tim whilst they were beavering away indoors. The most difficult bit was using the nozzle from the vacuum cleaner out there after sanding down the woodwork. I'm glad no passers by saw that bit or I they may have thought I'd lost the plot completely.
Only 8 more to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure by the end I will be enjoying it :o(